Our recent campaign regarding hydrostatic tests on Line 9B started in full at the beginning of this year to get as many municipalities and other level of governments, both provincial and federal, to act in letting the National Energy Board know that they consider those tests as essentials. Find below our actions and media presence.
Municipalities, MRCs, and other organizations with resolutions: check latest update
Our ACTIONS and PRESS COVERAGE:
- May 7, DeSmog Canada: Montreal Wants to Examine Safety of Line 9 With Hydrostatic Test
- May 4: Citoyens au Courant Press Release: Enbridge Line 9B: Greater Montreal asks the National Energy Board to require hydrostatic tests immediately
APRIL 30: MONTREAL METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY (MONTREAL CITY AND 81 SURROUNDING CITIES) ASK FOR IMMEDIATE HYDROSTATIC TEST ON ENBRIDGE LINE 9B
- May 1: Citoyens au Courant twitter account: Resolution from Montreal Metropolitan for hydrostatic tests on Enbridge Line 9B
- April 30: Citoyens au Courant and other groups return ask Mayor Denis Coderre, president of CMM (Montreal metropolitan area) about hydrostatic tests for Enbridge Line 9B. CMM RESOLUTION ADOPTED
- Your Local Journal, April 30: Senneville asked to consider adopting hydrostatic pipeline testing resolution
- Your Local Journal, April 30: Mulcair answers Enbridge pipeline question following address to John Abbott College students
- April 29: Citoyens au Courant Press Release: Enbridge Pipeline 9B: Citizens ask the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal to require hydrostatic testing
- Your Local Journal, April 23: Letter to the editor
- Your Local Journal, April 23: National Energy Board meets behind closed-doors with Vaudreuil-Soulanges MRC
- Terrebonne, April 18: Campaign to collect signatures requesting a resolution from the city. Hundreds of signatures so far. Signature rate of 95%+.
- Your Local Journal Editorial, April 16: Oil Slick (NEB visit to Vaudreuil-Soulanges MRC on April 20th)
- Your Local Journal, April 16: Ste. Anne council asked to consider adopting Enbridge pipeline testing resolution
- Écho de la Rive Nord, April 15: Inversion de la canalisation 9B: Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines exige des essais hydrostatiques
- L'Écho de Laval, April 10: Oléoduc Laval en Amont : un nouveau comité citoyen voit le jour
- Your Local Journal, April 9: St. Lazare demands pipeline reassurances from Enbridge and TransCanada
- April 7: Municipalities of Pointe-Fortune, Très-Saint-Rédempteur, St-Lazare and Laval vote resolutions asking for hydrostatic tests. More to come.
- Your Local Journal, April 3: Examining safe oil transportation through residential neighbourhoods
- VIVA, March 27: Enbridge : Une pression politique grandissante
- VIVA, March 27: Enbridge : Mobilisation à Pointe-Fortune
- Courrier Laval, March 25: Quartier sous haute pression
- March 19: Résolution de la MRC d'Argenteuil demandant les tests hydrostatiques à l'ONÉ
- VIVA ,March 19: La MRC Vaudreuil-Soulanges à l’émission Découverte (RC, 22 mars 18h30)
- March 18: National Energy Board receives Rigaud resolution about hydrostatic tests (french).
English translation here
- March 18: Meeting with Jamie Nichols, NDP MP of Vaudreuil-Soulanges riding.
- Montréal Gazette, March 17: Rigaud first town calling for test on oil pipeline
- March 11: Meeting with Marie-Claude Nichols, Quebec MP of Vaudreuil riding, previously prefect of Vaudreuil-Soulanges MRC and citizen representative on the Quebec Unité permanente de vigilance sur les hydrocarbures (Permanent Unit To Oversee Hydrocarbon Activities).
- VIVA, March 10: Enbridge : Des citoyens demandent à l’ONÉ de respecter ses propres conditions (résolution Rigaud)
- March 9: Deposit of an administrative revision request to NEB (french) about conditions 16 (shut-off valves) and 18 (crossing of waterways). Request prepared by Citoyens au Courant with the assistance of Centre québécois du droit de l'environnement (CQDE)
- VIVA, March 5: Enbridge : Complexes, ces tests hydrostatiques !
- Le Devoir, February 27: Coderre promet d’avoir les pétrolières à l’oeil (question period of the public at CMM)
- February 26: Citoyens au courant and other groups go ask Mayor Denis Coderre, president of CMM (Montreal metropolitan area) to request hydrostatic tests for Enbridge Line 9B before operation
- VIVA, February 26: Les Citoyens au Courant : Mises en garde sur l’oléoduc 9b d’Enbridge
- Reuters, January 21: Suncor expects Enbridge Line 9B to start up towards end of Q2 2015